Singing & Making Melody in your Heart
envoy of HOPE
The dates for this activity are transfered
from 13 to 17 of May 2021
LTT (Learning/Teaching/Training Activities) in GREECE/ KAVALA
Leading Organisation: MUSIC HIGH SCHOOL OF KAVALA.
Title: “Creating a Choral Ensemble - Preparing and Organizing an International Student Festival on Music”.
CALL FOR PARTITIPATION
The Municipality of Kavala, the Holy Metropolis of Philippi, Neapolis & Thassos , the Region of Eastern Macedonia & Thrace and the Music High School of Kavala invite you to Kavala from 06 to 11 May 2020 to the festival co-organised in honour of Apostle St. Paul.
This year’s events are dedicated to the composer Mikis Theodorakis, one of the most important living Greek composers, who spent his childhood in various towns of the Greek countryside, and consequently was influenced by the traditional melodies and at a very early age decided to divide his life between music and struggles for humanitarian values. His early choral works, like the Tune of Kassiani came up because there existed “a living tradition in church and choral works”. From Mytilene to Kephalonia and from Giannena to Tripolis traditional Greek melodies have left their imprint upon the works of Mikis Theodorakis.
In case you intend to participate in the School Festival, please fill in and send the Application Form no later than the Friday 20/12/2019
- 16.00 Experiential Workshops (For the students from Spain, Italy, Portugal, Turkey and Russia)
- 20.30 Official inaugural event.
- 16.00 Experiential Workshops.
- 19.30 Presentation of Music Ensembles of participating Music Schools with free election programme, in chosen areas of the city of Kavala
- 11.00 Experiental Workshops
- 17.00 Seminars Lectures
- 20.00 Welcoming event
- 8.30 The participating students of Music Schools chant in the Divine Liturgy in the churches of the city
- 11.00 Experiential Workshops
- 20.30 The students of the Greek Music Schools and Foreign Schools co-operate and interpret works of Byzantine, Greek Traditional and Symphonic Music in the archaeological site of Philippi
- 10.00 Award of commemoratives End of the event.
Terms and Conditions
Note: In this case, please send the scene shot of your music ensemble to email@example.com.
An example is attached here: https://tinyurl.com/material-2020
- Vocal Ensemble of European Music- Instructor/Conductor: Dimitrios Karvounis
- Organic Ensemble of Traditional Music- Instructor/ Conductor: Christos Tsiamoulis
- Byzantine Choir- Instructor/Conductor: Dr. Chrysovalantis Ioannidis
- Vocal Ensemble of Traditional Music- Instructor/Conductor: Sophia Neochoritou
Note: For this performing all Participating Students are requested to have:
- Music stand for musical instruments performers
- Black clothing
a) It is essential for the participation of your students in the workshop of Vocal Ensemble of European Music under the conduction of Mr. Karvounis to send to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 01/04/2020 the latest a recorded short sample of chosen works of your vocal ensemble.
b) It is essential for the participation of your students in the workshop of Organic Ensemble of Traditional Music under the conduction of Mr. Christos Tsiamoulis to send to email@example.com by Wednesday 01/04/2020 the latest a recorded short sample of chosen works of your ensemble.
“Lorca in the music of Mikis Theodorakis” by Nikolaos Giamalis